A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Site.
- First party cookies are cookies set by the website you are visiting. Only that website can read them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
Cookies can also be used to establish anonymised statistics about your browsing experience on our Site.
The 3 types of first-party cookie we use are to:
- store visitor preferences
- make our website operational
- gather analytics data (about user behaviour)
These are set by us and only we can read them. They remember:
- the language you choose for display of our Site content
There are some cookies that we have to include in order for certain web pages to function. For this reason, they do not require your consent. In particular:
- authentication cookies
- technical cookies required by certain IT systems
We use these purely for internal research on how we can improve the service we provide for all our users. The cookies simply assess how you interact with our website – as an anonymous user (the data gathered does not identify you personally).
Also, this data is not shared with any third parties or used for any other purpose. The anonymised statistics could be shared with contractors working on communication projects under contractual agreement with the GreenWaves Technologies.
However, you are free to refuse these types of cookies – either via the cookie banner you’ll see on the first page you visit or at the cookie settings tool available on the Cookie page.
Some of our pages display content from external providers, e.g. YouTube, Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. To view this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions. This includes their cookie policies, which we have no control over.
But if you do not view this content, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
Third-party providers on GreenWaves Technologies websites
How can you manage cookies?
You can manage/delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org.
Removing cookies from your device
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited. Be aware though that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences).
You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page.