Software Tools Senior Engineer
Job reference: J1906
Greenwaves Technologies has developed a GCC port for an embedded core (RISCV 32 bit core with DSP extensions), used in a parallel architecture. We are also developing the AutoTiler, a tool that helps application developers to parallelize applications on the architecture, managing the inter-core synchronization and the movement of data across the memory hierarchy.
You will be responsible for maintaining, extending and optimizing these tools. This would imply analyzing applications to identify how to extend the AutoTiler with new features to improve performance and make it easier for the developer, developing extensions or adapting the existing ones, interacting with the rest of the team including HW designers to identify optimization opportunities and provide HW extension feedback. You could also contribute to the development of AI applications to validate the tools and get familiar with the whole environment.
- More than 6 years experience in compiler architecture, porting and optimization.
- Generated code performance analysis for optimization opportunities.
- Proficient in C/C++ programming and assembly.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on tasks.
- Work comfortably in an international environment, exchanging by email, message, telephone or conf-calls: Fluency in English is necessary.
- Strong team spirit and communication, happy to collaborate and share with colleagues, even remotely.
- GCC overall design.
- High-level optimization techniques for data placement and movement.
- Knowledge of parallel embedded architectures and DSP processors.
- Application parallelization.
- Knowledge of AI applications and how they can be ported to constrained architectures.