Energy-efficient smart audio sensing
GreenWaves is a fabless semiconductor company founded in 2014 and based in Grenoble, France. We design and market ultra low power processors for energy constrained products such as hearables, wearables, IoT & medical monitoring products.
GreenWaves’ system-on-chips enable companies to develop and bring to market products with new to world features enabled by state of the art machine learning and digital signal processing techniques. Our best-in-class development tools enable software and hardware developers to productively harness the power of our processors using familiar neural network and mathematical computing software.
GreenWaves GAP9 processor powers features such as neural network based noise removal and adaptive noise cancellation, multi-channel spatial sound and listening enhancement technologies in next generation earbuds and headphones with market leading energy efficiency.
As a growing, talented and highly multicultural team with sharp personalities, we are proud of what we do and how we do it. Our non-hierarchical culture means living our core values: ownership, collaboration, agility, dedication to customers and engagement. We believe that work is more than just a to-do list. You are empowered to build a leading company and to share its success!
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, and committed people to be a part of our GreenWaves family.
This internship aims at developing, prototyping and testing a compact and flexible Smart Audio Sensor node for data collection and real-time low-power filtering. The task involves:
- The design of a compact GAP based node with multiple low-power sensors and wireless connectivity
- The low-level software (C programming) design for efficient sensor and communication capabilities
- RTOS design for task synchronization, real-time functionalities and power managements
- Server-side data collection and control tool
- Lab tests: functionalities, power/energy consumptions, scalability
- On-board filtering of sensor data
The internship duration is 6 months.
- Good knowledge of C programming and Microcontroller Architectures
- Basic Knowledge of RTOS
- Software debug techniques and experience with MCU programming
- Understanding of HW schematics and component datasheet
- Knowledge and experience with lab equipment units (e.g. oscilloscope, multimeter)
- High-level programming experience (e.g. Python, MATLAB) appreciated
- Good level of spoken and written English;
- Strong team spirit and communication abilities, in a multisite environment;
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned tasks.
- Audio algorithms for speech processing
- Knowledge of parallel embedded architectures and DSP processors;
- Familiarity with versioning/revision control systems (git).
- Master’s degree student in Computer/Electrical Engineering;
- Projects done in Audio Processing / MCU programming / C programming