Embedded System Integration Engineer
GreenWaves is a fabless semiconductor company founded in 2014 and based in Grenoble, France. We design and market ultra low power processors for energy constrained products such as hearables, wearables, IoT & medical monitoring products.
GreenWaves’ system-on-chips enable companies to develop and bring to market products with new to world features enabled by state of the art machine learning and digital signal processing techniques. Our leading edge development tools enable audio and machine learning developers to productively harness the power of GAP processors.
GreenWaves GAP9 processor powers features such as neural network based noise removal and adaptive noise cancellation, multi-channel spatial sound and listening enhancement technologies in next generation earbuds and headphones with market leading energy efficiency.
As a growing, talented and highly multicultural team with sharp personalities, we are proud of what we do and how we do it. Our non-hierarchical culture means living our core values: ownership, collaboration, agility, dedication to customers and engagement. We believe that work is more than just a to-do list. You are empowered to build a leading company and to share its success!
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, and committed people to be a part of our GreenWaves family.
We are looking for an Embedded System Integration Engineer to reinforce our team. In close relationship with the whole technical team, you will be in charge of putting together the different components and modules to build functional demos, applications and reference designs that showcase the performances of our processors:
- Assembly of optimized applicative routines, to be run on CPU cores or HW accelerators (audio signal filtering, AI inference…)
- Interfacing with external sensors (microphones, cameras, IMUs, biometric sensors, etc.) to retrieve input data
- Interfacing with outputs (speakers, screen, radio link, etc.)
- Configuration of the runtime environment to meet the needs of the application, tuning of performances using our profiling tool
- Debug of the application, on simulator and on board
Having a broad view of the different components and modules involved in an application, you will support our marketing team and our customers in assessing the performances of applications, as well as provide feedback to the development team on the complexity of building a full product. In particular, you will propose improvements and new features to be supported by our programming tools and the runtime environments.
This position requires numerous interactions with the different teams of the company: SDK, AI applications, audio signal processing, programming tools, boards, IC design…
- Experience with microcontroller programming
- Understanding of RTOS and low-level drivers
- Knowledge of widespread interfaces like UART, SPI, I2C…
- On-board debugging through JTAG probes
- Strong team spirit and communication, happy to collaborate and share with his teammates, even remotely. Eager to share skills and advice, eager to learn new skills
- Work comfortably in an international environment, exchanging by e-mail, telephone or conf-calls
- Good level in English
- Previous experience in MCU with HW accelerators
- Familiarity with debugging on boards (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.)
- Previous experience in multicore applications
- Previous experience in artificial intelligence or audio applications