Embedded Software Engineer
Greenwaves Technologies is a 5-year-old fabless semiconductor startup established in Grenoble, France. Our first product GAP8 is the world’s first IoT Application Processor armed with 8+1 RISC-V based cores and a high performance HW convolution engine. It is a simple yet very sophisticated unique processor architecture, which delivers an energy efficiency that is 20x better than the state-of-the-art, opening a large range of battery powered applications. Examples of applications are people counting, keyword spotting, combined with beamforming, object recognition, face detection and vibration analysis. GAP8 is especially effective on machine learning inference algorithms (CNN, SVM, Bayesian, Boosting, Cepstral analysis). Yet, GAP8 is by and large programmed just like a regular MCU.
Our technology is very much ahead of the state-of-art, and our chip is just about to prove its revolutionary potential on a wide open global market. For a team, it is a very motivating challenge that each of us can be part of in proportion to one’s own enthusiasm at work. As a growing and highly multicultural team with sharp personalities, Greenwaves Technologies is very proud of its specific collaborative management style. The company is and will be what we each of us make of it, as we experience every day, and we are looking for talented, enthusiastic, curious and committed people, who will be ready to bring their energy and skills for a significant contribution to the success of the company’s project.
Involved developments starts with low-level embedded drivers in an RTOS context, use of those drivers to enable new features from our chips, integration and on board debug of corresponding proofs of concepts or demos:
- Development and optimization (performance, power) of low and middle-ware software layers for the GAP8 IoT Application Processor.
- Development of embedded software on C/C++ and assembly language.
- Active participation in the definition of new products.
- Implementation of software and training materials needed to promote our products at trade shows and customer visits.
- Customer support.
This position requires numerous collaborations with the different departments of the Group (internal and external to the site): Hardware, Application, Systems Validation, Marketing …
- Knowledge of microcontroller and microprocessor architectures
- Knowledge of MMU architectures and caches would be appreciated
- Mastery of C / C++ and assembler languages
- Significant experience in microcontroller target development, especially in constrained environments
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned tasks
- Strong team spirit and communication, happy to collaborate and share with his teammates, even remotely. Eager to share skills and advice, eager to learn new skills
- Work comfortably in an international environment, exchanging by e-mail, telephone or conf-calls
- Proficiency in English
- Experience of driver optimization in an RTOS context
- Experience in at least one of the 4 key domains: image, voice, audio, vibration
- Signal processing (Image, voice, audio, vibration) experience with fixed point implementations
- Deep learning and data classification techniques experience
- Strong motivation and taste for code optimization (size and speed)
● Experience of driver optimization in an RTOS context
● Experience in at least one of the 4 key domains: image, voice, audio, vibration
● Signal processing (Image, voice, audio, vibration) experience with fixed point implementations
● Deep learning and data classification techniques experience
● Strong motivation and taste for code optimization (size and speed)