Embedded software engineer
GreenWaves is a fabless semiconductor company founded in 2014 and based in Grenoble, France. We design and market ultra low power processors for energy constrained products such as hearables, wearables, IoT & medical monitoring products.
GreenWaves’ system-on-chips enable companies to develop and bring to market products with new to world features enabled by state of the art machine learning and digital signal processing techniques. Our best-in-class development tools enable software and hardware developers to productively harness the power of our processors using familiar neural network and mathematical computing software.
GreenWaves GAP9 processor powers features such as neural network based noise removal and adaptive noise cancellation, multi-channel spatial sound and listening enhancement technologies in next generation earbuds and headphones with market leading energy efficiency.
As a growing, talented and highly multicultural team with sharp personalities, we are proud of what we do and how we do it. Our non-hierarchical culture means living our core values: ownership, collaboration, agility, dedication to customers and engagement. We believe that work is more than just a to-do list. You are empowered to build a leading company and to share its success!
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, and committed people to be a part of our GreenWaves family.
- The development and optimization of RTOS drivers, low and middle-ware software layers for the GAP IoT Application Processor.
- Contributions to the SDK with documentation, examples and tests.
- The development of embedded software on C/C++ and assembly language.
- Active participation in the definition and architecture design of new products with joint driver/HW prototyping.
- The implementation of software and training materials needed to promote our products at trade shows and customer visits.
- Customer support.
This position requires numerous collaborations with the different departments of the Group (internal and external to the site): Hardware, Application, Systems Validation, Marketing …
- RTOS drivers development
- Drivers debugging on simulators and boards.
- Knowledge of microcontroller and microprocessor architectures
- Knowledge of MMU architectures and caches would be appreciated
- Mastery of C / C++ and assembler languages
- Significant experience in microcontroller target development
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned tasks
- Strong team spirit and communication, happy to collaborate and share with his teammates, even remotely. Eager to share skills and advice, eager to learn new skills
- Work comfortably in an international environment, exchanging by e-mail, telephone or conf-calls
- Good level in English
- Experience in RTOS portage, maintain
- Experience in compiler
- Notions of signal processing (Image or audio) and deep learning
- Strong motivation and taste for code optimization (size and speed)