Deep learning on GAP
GreenWaves is a fabless semiconductor company founded in 2014 and based in Grenoble, France. We design and market ultra low power processors for energy constrained products such as hearables, wearables, IoT & medical monitoring products.
GreenWaves’ system-on-chips enable companies to develop and bring to market products with new to world features enabled by state of the art machine learning and digital signal processing techniques. Our leading edge development tools enable audio and machine learning developers to productively harness the power of GAP processors.
GreenWaves GAP9 processor powers features such as neural network based noise removal and adaptive noise cancellation, multi-channel spatial sound and listening enhancement technologies in next generation earbuds and headphones with market leading energy efficiency.
As a growing, talented and highly multicultural team with sharp personalities, we are proud of what we do and how we do it. Our non-hierarchical culture means living our core values: ownership, collaboration, agility, dedication to customers and engagement. We believe that work is more than just a to-do list. You are empowered to build a leading company and to share its success!
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, and committed people to be a part of our GreenWaves family.
This internship focuses on Deep Learning (DL) processing on the GAP processors. A codesign process between Deep Learning methods, GAP embedded software and tools is essential to enable complex and accurate DL methods on GAP. In particular, the internship will involve:
- Study of state-of-the art compression techniques for Deep Learning models
- Benchmarking and testing of compression algorithms on Deep Learning benchmarks for sensor analytics
- Design and Test of DL optimization methods as GAP’s NN tool modules
- Prototyping and trade-off analyses on GAP
The internship, which has an expected duration of 6 months, will positively conclude with a demo on a GAP-based system using the techniques developed during the work.
- Good knowledge of Deep Learning
- Good Knowledge of Python for Data Analysis and DL framework (Pythorch, Tensorflow)
- Basic Knowledge of Embedded Programming
- Good level of spoken and written English;
- Strong team spirit and communication abilities, in a multisite environment;
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned tasks.
- Familiarity with main compression techniques (e.g. quantization)
- Audio algorithms for speech processing
- C programming
- Knowledge of parallel embedded architectures, MCU programming and DSP processors;
- Familiarity with versioning/revision control systems (git).
- Master’s degree student in Computer/Electrical Engineering;
- Projects done in Deep Learning and Audio Processing / MCU programming
- Experiences of C programming