Autonomous Landing System for MicroDrones
GreenWaves Technologies is a fabless semiconductor company based just outside Grenoble, France. We were formed in 2014 with the mission of revolutionizing intelligent sensors and devices. We have developed GAP8, an ultra-low power IoT Application Processor. GAP8 enables devices to handle image, motion and sound data with ultra-low energy which allows years of operation on batteries bringing low installation and operation costs. We are actively participating in two Open Source projects that provide some of the components in GAP8’s design, the RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) and Parallel Ultra Low Power (PULP) projects. The target of this internship is mainly to design an autonomous landing system for Micro drones based on computer vision techniques.
The work is composed of the following parts:
- Design of a CV algorithm capable of detect a landing pad and send commands to the flight controller to land on it.
- Implement the solution on a Crazy Flie Microdrone Gap8 Shield.
- Computer Vision / Signal processing
- C/C++, Python code proficiency
- Strong motivation and taste for code optimization (size and speed)
- Embedded Software student, Bachelor/Master’s degree
- Experience with 32-bit microcontrollers and classical interfaces
- Machine Learning and Tensorflow knowledge very welcome
- Fixed Point arithmetic