ASIC Verification Engineer
Greenwaves Technologies is a 5-year-old fabless semiconductor startup established in Grenoble, France. Our first product GAP8 is the world’s first IoT Application Processor armed with 8+1 RISC-V based cores and a high performance HW convolution engine. It is a simple yet very sophisticated unique processor architecture, which delivers an energy efficiency that is 20x better than the state-of-the-art, opening a large range of battery powered applications. Examples of applications are people counting, keyword spotting, combined with beamforming, object recognition, face detection and vibration analysis. GAP8 is especially effective on machine learning inference algorithms (CNN, SVM, Bayesian, Boosting, Cepstral analysis). Yet, GAP8 is by and large programmed just like a regular MCU.
Our technology is very much ahead of the state-of-art, and our chip is just about to prove its revolutionary potential on a wide open global market. For a team, it is a very motivating challenge that each of us could be part of in proportion to one’s own enthusiasm at work. As a growing and highly multicultural team with sharp personalities, Greenwaves Technologies is very proud of its specific collaborative management style. The company is and will be what we each of us make of it, as we experience every day, and we are looking for talented, enthusiastic, curious and committed people, who will be ready to bring their energy and skills for a significant contribution to the success of the company’s project.
As a member of the circuit design team, you will actively contribute to the verification of our next generations of chips:
- Building up of verification plan in relation with SoC architects and designers: features to be tested, test strategy, target coverage, description of tests and conformity matrix;
- Setup of testbenches (SystemVerilog/UVM) at IP, subsystem and/or top chip levels;
- Interfacing with software team for specific embedded SW developments required for test;
- Implementation and execution of planned tests, analysis of results and report of encountered bugs;
- Continuous improvement of verification environments: packaging of in-house verification IPs for reuse on different testbenches, automation of tests and non-regression procedures, etc.;
- Interfacing with the design team for analysis and fixing of bugs;
- Associated documentation.
- Command of ASIC verification methods and techniques, preferably using UVM;
- Skills in corner case-driven, coverage-driven and possibly formal verification;
- RTL simulation and debug using EDA tools (e.g. Questasim, Xcelium);
- Knowledge of usual EDA scripting languages (TCL, Bash, Makefile);
- C programming in embedded environments;
- Familiarity with versioning/revision control systems.
- Liking for debug and problem solving;
- Good level of spoken and written English, to be used daily to communicate with colleagues and international partners;
- Organizational skills;
- Strong team spirit and communication abilities;
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned tasks.
- Command of UVM-based verification and setup of complex UVM testbenches;
- Skills in power and performance verification;
- Python programming;
- Knowledge of RTL static checks (lint, CDC, power checks…) is a plus;
- Git proficiency;
- Knowledge of the overall ASIC design flow, at least at a high level;
- Master Degree or plus with a specialization in microelectronics;
- A first experience in RTL verification is mandatory, preferably using UVM methodology;
- Experience in other parts of ASIC design flow is a plus: design, RTL checks, synthesis, equivalence checking, etc.