AI Application Integration and Validation Software Engineer
Greenwaves Technologies is a 5-year-old fabless semiconductor startup established in Grenoble, France. Our first product GAP8 is the world’s first IoT Application Processor armed with 8+1 RISC-V based cores and a high performance HW convolution engine. It is a simple yet very sophisticated unique processor architecture, which delivers an energy efficiency that is 20x better than the state-of-the-art, opening a large range of battery powered applications. Examples of applications are people counting, keyword spotting, combined with beamforming, object recognition, face detection and vibration analysis. GAP8 is especially effective on machine learning inference algorithms (CNN, SVM, Bayesian, Boosting, Cepstral analysis). Yet, GAP8 is by and large programmed just like a regular MCU.
Our technology is very much ahead of the state-of-art, and our chip is just about to prove its revolutionary potential on a wide open global market. For a team, it is a very motivating challenge that each of us could be part of in proportion to one’s own enthusiasm at work. As a growing and highly multicultural team with sharp personalities, Greenwaves Technologies is very proud of its specific collaborative management style. The company is and will be what we each of us make of it, as we experience every day, and we are looking for talented, enthusiastic, curious and committed people, who will be ready to bring their energy and skills for a significant contribution to the success of the company’s project.
You will be in charge of integrating AI algorithms into complete applications, making use of real devices (cameras, sensors) to build advanced demonstrators showcasing the performances of our circuits:
- Definition of complete use cases and demo scenarios for AI algorithms developed for GAP8;
- Interactions with other teams to enable demonstration feasibility, using existing or new elements: boards, drivers, algorithms;
- Development of the demonstration;
- Debug and optimizations to reach the desired performances;
- Interaction with commercial team and field application engineers to gather requirements and feedbacks from customers, and to provide support;
- Associated documentation.
- Embedded C programming;
- Microcontroller programming using an RTOS;
- Use of usual on board debug techniques (JTAG debug probe, oscilloscope, etc.).
- Good level of spoken and written English, to be used daily to communicate with colleagues and international partners;
- Organizational skills;
- Strong team spirit and communication abilities;
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of serial interfaces (UART, SPI, I²C…);
- Knowledge of parallel embedded architectures;
- Familiarity with versioning/revision control systems (e.g. git).
- Master Degree or plus with a specialization in computer engineering;
- Previous experience in application integration in an embedded system is a plus.