Ultra-low power and high-performance AI processor GAP8 › Forums › GAP8 developers’ group › SDK (Software Development Kit) › What FC is doing when Cluster is busy?
- Weiming LiParticipantSeptember 16, 2019 at 8:57 amPost count: 1
I am new to the platform, after reading the examples, I am wondering when using “CLUSTER_SendTask” or “CLUSTER_CoresFork” to send a task to the Cluster, while the Cluster is busy calculating, what the FC is doing, is it just waiting for the task to complete? If yes, does FC enters low power state during the wait? Can it(FC) be programmed to go off to do some other task instead?
Thanks in advance.
- Jie ChenParticipantSeptember 16, 2019 at 11:29 amPost count: 35
1. Yes, when cluster is busy, FC is waiting the task to complete.
2. FC can not enter in low power mode, since cluster will ask FC to access to peripherals, such as load data from hyperram or hyperflash, etc. However, when FC is waiting, it will be clock-gated automatically.
3. Sure, FC do do other things. For example,
/* Cluster Start – Power on */
CLUSTER_Start(0, CLUSTER_CORES_NUM, 0);
/* FC send a task to Cluster */
CLUSTER_SendTask(0, Master_Entry, 0, 0);
/* User can insert FC tasks */
/* Cluster waiting then Stop – Power down */
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.